Wireless Health Hot Topic at Mobile World Congress – 2012
Personal health information interest by consumers and the explosion in mobile health are improving medical outcomes in medicine. However, changing delivery models, patient information privacy concerns and staggering costs remain top concerns among consumers and providers.
On the publishing front is MobiHealthNews, an online information publication, covering the convergence of the medical care and technology
MHN publishes articles and e-newsletters about developments in mobile health that are shaping how consumers access personal medical information.
MHN is also a flagship site for medical technology developments and trends.
In this podcast interview with MobiHealthNews’ editor and co-founder, Brian speaks about key changes and issues occurring in mobile patient information, medical monitoring and care delivery.
Podcast interview topics include:
- Biometric monitoring of patients with heart and other health conditions
- CardioNet, a wireless health company that manufactures a take-home heart monitor for better health information management
- Medical applications available for the iPhone and other smartphones
- Patient information programs delivered via mobile phones
- Consumer interest in using mobile technology to monitor medical conditions and ensure privacy
- New consumer-focused medical models
- The economic necessity to control costs with innovative technologies
- Medical sensors that efficiently deliver medical information to providers once patients are released from hospitals
- Support by large providers, such as Kaiser and the Mayo Clinic, in the development of health information tools
- Improving data delivery by physicians and other caregivers, making it easier to monitor and share patient records
- Wireless medical systems that lower monitoring costs
In this informative podcast interview, learn how wireless health care is improving patient health outcomes by keeping physicians and consumers better informed.
Prior to founding the MHN with business partner Joe Maillie, Brian Dolan was a senior analyst with the the Yankee Group, a research firm, where he led program development for the company’s Mobile Internet World event and helped craft the company’s publication development.
Dolan started his career in 2005 as editor of FierceWireless, a leading online publication. He also launched new publications covering mobile content and IPTV technology.
Brian has spoken at industry conferences and events, including CTIA, FOSE (the Federal Government Information Technology trade show), Wireless Cities and IPTV Evolution.
Follow Brian and MHN on Twitter.